This is only a test. If this had been an actual emergency official information, news, or instructions would be posted here.
The Little Compton Recreation Committee is pleased to announce the new walking trail and new tennis courts are open and ready for use. While it may appear as though the recreation field is completed, the root system of the grass needs to fully develop and play on the field will have to be postponed until further notice. Similar to the playground, school use of these new recreational facilities will take precedence during the school year.
Please use the tennis courts only for tennis. For the month of October, the Senior Tennis League has reserved the tennis courts from 7:30 to 9:30 AM.
The walking trail is open without reservation. Walkers are asked to avoid stepping on newly-seeded areas.
If you have any questions about usage of the tennis courts, walking trails or recreation field, please contact LC Recreation Committee Chairperson Patrick McHugh at 401-683-8463.
- Proposed Home Rule Charter Amendments
- For Community Events please see the below resources:
- Annual Transfer Station stickers are available for purchase in the Town Clerk’s Office for a fee of $5 each. Download the Town Recycling Pamphlet for more information. Interested in learning more? Go to the Recycle Together RI.
- For Recycling Do's and Don'ts, Please Click Here
- Struggling to make your mortgage payment? Download the Rhode Island Housing Help Center flyer to explore your options.
- Flood Maps: residents can view their flood map by inserting their property address on the FEMA.gov website and then following any further instructions.
- The Town is seeking volunteers to assist during events where the town needs to open a Medical Emergency Point of Distribution Site, such as a town-wide flu clinic. No prior medical experience is required for most of the voluntary positions. For further details, please contact the Town Clerk’s Office.
This information is compiled and made available as a public service by the Town of Little Compton, Rhode Island. However, the Town makes no warranty as to the accuracy, reliability, or completeness of the information and is not responsible for any errors or omissions or for results obtained from the use of the information. Distribution of the information does not constitute such a warranty. Use of the information is the sole responsibility of the user.