This is only a test. If this had been an actual emergency official information, news, or instructions would be posted here.
Inaugural Little Compton Tennis
Tournament was a great success!
The Finals of the Inaugural Little Compton Tennis Tournament were held on Saturday, September 9th on
Little Compton’s new hard courts. 39 tennis players entered the tournament in five different
divisions. The winners and runners-up are reported below.
Over 30 spectators and supporters watched five exciting matches that were played between 9 and 11:30.
Lavinia Gadsden and Perky Nellissen presented trophies to the winners along with a bottle of champagne
that was donated by Gleesons Wine & Spirits. Wilma provided cookies.
A permanent trophy recording the winners for 2017 will be hung in the Town Hall. The Little Compton
Recreation committee looks forward to next year’s tournament. (Stay tuned to an announcement in the
Sakonnet Times and posters around town next summer, 2018).
Women’s Singles: Josie Richmond, Runner Up: Heather McCarthy
Men’s Singles: Warren Jagger; Runner Up: Josh Dore
Women’s Doubles: Andy Goff and Josie Richmond; Runners Up: Caroline Von Oswald and Freddie Anderson
Men’s Doubles: Steve Rego and Matt Allder; Runners Up: Phil Jangone and Warren Jagger
Mixed Doubles: Jeff Leech and Andy Goff; Runners Up: Freddie Anderson and Steve Stanton
- For Community Events please see the below resources:
- Annual Transfer Station stickers are available for purchase in the Town Clerk’s Office for a fee of $5 each. Download the Town Recycling Pamphlet for more information. Interested in learning more? Go to the Recycle Together RI.
- For Recycling Do's and Don'ts, Please Click Here
- Struggling to make your mortgage payment? Download the Rhode Island Housing Help Center flyer to explore your options.
- Flood Maps: residents can view their flood map by inserting their property address on the FEMA.gov website and then following any further instructions.
- The Town is seeking volunteers to assist during events where the town needs to open a Medical Emergency Point of Distribution Site, such as a town-wide flu clinic. No prior medical experience is required for most of the voluntary positions. For further details, please contact the Town Clerk’s Office.
This information is compiled and made available as a public service by the Town of Little Compton, Rhode Island. However, the Town makes no warranty as to the accuracy, reliability, or completeness of the information and is not responsible for any errors or omissions or for results obtained from the use of the information. Distribution of the information does not constitute such a warranty. Use of the information is the sole responsibility of the user.